Friday, February 28, 2014

A beginning

I have been meaning to start this blog for some time.  I want this space to be a meaningful little spot on the Internet for me to share stories about mothering my three little girls as well as a place to share projects I am working on.  Hopefully, this will also become a space for me to share some of the handmade goodies I have for sale in my (upcoming!) Etsy shop.  My sewing machine has been busy!

I don't consider myself to be an artist.  But I do love color, texture and design.  My goal is to share projects that have brought color and richness to my home and/or my family's clothing.  I have never liked the term "homebody," as it somehow has some negative connotations to me.  But that is, in fact, what I am.  I love being home, surrounded by family and the beautiful handmade things that help make our apartment a home.

Most exciting for me, is sharing with you the items I have been sewing late late LATE into the night, for my Etsy shop.  I will write more about my goals for the shop later.  I just needed to get a first post out.  To make it real.

I am off now to cut out the fabric to make myself a new shirt!  I have a date with a really nice and attractive man tomorrow night.  Spoiler alert:  it's my husband.  I'm hoping he puts out, so I gotta go sew me some sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment